- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, diced Granny Smith apples
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cold, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease an 8×8 inch pan. You can also use a round 8″ baking pan
Combine all the streusel topping ingredients in a small bowl. Mix with a fork, or your fingers, until the mixture resembles crumbs. Set aside.
In a large bowl beat together 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg, sour cream, and vanilla and mix to combine.
Stir flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Add to the butter mixture and stir to combine. Fold apples into the batter. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and smooth into an even layer.
Use electric mixers to mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over the cake batter in the pan.
Sprinkle streusel topping over the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before serving.