Are you one of those who have trouble sleeping at night? we aren’t on a regular but when it does happen, I whip this tea up and the next thing I know, we are snooorinngg!! I kid you not plus I am pretty sure you all know the benefits of Lavender… it relaxes you!
With the intention of trying out different relaxing teas out there, I came across these – Chamomile Lavender Tea bags at Winners and picked them up. Now here’s the thing, I enjoyed the tea as is but I think when it comes to drinking chai, I need to have it with some kind of milk.. (I think that’s just the Indian in me…) so I did and it turned out preeety darn good!
I warm the milk in a pot and then add the tea bags and let it steep for about two – five minutes. Once I pour it into our mugs, I mix in a quarter tsp of honey and voila! the tea is ready!
I takes like 5 minutes to make and this recipe yields 2 cups
- 2 cups of regular milk
- 2 Chamomile Lavender tea bags
- 2 heaping teaspoons dried lavender buds
- 1-2 teaspoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Heat milk in a small pan until very hot, being careful not to let it boil.
- Add the two tea bags and the buds to the hot milk. Let steep for 5-10 minutes, then strain the mixture into a mug. Sweeten with raw honey or maple syrup and add vanilla extract, if desired.
Are you a fan of Chamomile tea? What are some of your favorite teas? Let me know, I would love to try out your recipes and as always do not forget to look for me on Instagram