Okay so Cheesecake and Banana Bread together sounds AMAZING… wait till you actually try it! I have made this recipe at least twice now and both times it turned out delicious, It’s definitely saved as a favorite. I am grateful I was quick enough to snap some shots before it was all gone like the first time!
This recipe was originally shared by Brandie at the country cook blog, however I did tweak a few things here and there. It takes about an hour and twenty minutes to make and because I did not have any ripe Banana’s lying around as the recipe calls for, I decided to use some of the frozen ones I had – ( I always freeze my over ripe Banana’s… they always come in handy). The recipe is extremely easy to make and you probably have all the ingredients lying around at home… Let’s get to it!
- 3 Large banana’s
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and baking soda. Stir until combined. Gently stir in the flour. Mix just until incorporated. Set this aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or with an electric mixer) beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Finally, mix in the flour and stir just until combined.
Spread half of the banana bread batter into the bottom of your prepared pan. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture in top of the batter. Spread the remaining banana bread batter on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes until the center of the bread is set. If the bread is browning too quickly, tent the pan with aluminum foil.
Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes before removing. Cool before slicing and serving.
There you go!!
– Make sure to warm the bread before having it, it tastes so much better, (10-15 seconds in the microwave is perfect)
– Try adding nuts for an extra oomph – I thought of this but my bread was already in the oven. I will deff add some Walnuts or Pecans next time
– Have it with a side of Vanilla Ice cream – OMG! YUMM! – If you do, please let me know how you like it!
If you guys do make this, let me know how it turns out in the comments below or make sure to tag me on Instagram