The reason I call it healthy-ish, is because we don’t use cooking cream which is how buttered Paneer is actually made. Instead, we use grounded cashews which makes up for the creamy rich texture that the cream would have provided and tastes just as amazing!
- Blend around 4 tomatoes with a little water – Set aside
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 cup Grounded Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Ginger + Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated white Sugar
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp water
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp Kasoori methi (dried Fenugreek leaves) (optional)
- 1/2 Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 3/4 crushed green Cardamom
- 2 slit green chillies
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 500g (1 block) Paneer cubed
- Place a large skillet on medium low heat. Add the ghee and grounded cashews and stir until it turns into a creamy texture
- Then go ahead and add the ginger garlic paste and stir. Once the smell is evaporated, add the blended tomatoes, salt, and sugar. Increase the fire to medium and let it simmer. We want the liquid to evaporate
- Add the chilli powder and cook it a little
- You can add a little water here but I didn’t.
- Mix the 1tsp water + 4 tbsp corn flour in a separate small bowl and add that mixture into the tomato base
- While that is cooking, get a separate skillet and prepare the paneer. Add ghee, crushed cardamom, slit green chillies, cilantro. Once it’s warm and starts sizzling, add in the cubed Paneer. Give it a good stir and add it to the tomato base
- Add the fenugreek leaves, garam masala and give it a good final stir.
And there you go! Your extremely flavorful buttered Paneer is ready to be served.
Let me know if you end up making this recipe and be sure to tag me on your pictures!