If you are like me and LOVE your wings but like it slightly healthier than the regular fried version, then you have come to the right place!
I use this recipe to make my, OH SO DELICIOUS wings almost every weekend. They don’t take long to make, they’re crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and they’re SO SAUCY!
I usually make them with a side of baked fries and some homemade spicy mayo dip
You will need:
For the chicken
- 2.2 lbs chicken wings – wing and drumette separated
- 2 level tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the wings with paper towels (very important to make sure your wings are dry), then place in a large bowl and add the baking powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place parchment paper on your baking sheet and place your wings in a single layer on your baking tray, and put them on the lower shelf of the oven for 30mins.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven up to 425F and rotate the tray for even cooking. Cook for a further 45-50 minutes until the wings are lightly golden and crispy. Take out of the oven and leave to cool.
- To make the buffalo sauce, add all the ingredients in a sauce pan on medium heat. Wait for a gentle simmer and turn the heat off.
- Once the wings are slightly cooled, pour the sauce over the wings and give it a good toss
Enjoy with a side of celery sticks, homemade ranch/spicy mayo and some baked fries!
I hope you guys give this recipe a try – I think you will LOVE it! If you do try it, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below or on Instagram