I’ve been wanting to make homemade granola for SO LONG! I am so glad I finally did it. I knew it was easy, I was just being lazy. It’s a super easy recipe and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. I have shared a short 30second video of how I made it on my Instagram. Check it out and let me know what you think.
You would traditionally also add in some dried fruits, I’m not a huge fan of that so I decided to leave them out. If you do choose to add them, I’d say add about 1/4 – 1/2 cup of each fruit
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups chopped/crushed pecans or any nut you like
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt, and ground ginger. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Stir in the oil, honey, and vanilla. Turn the granola out onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer. Bake for 22 to 26 minutes, stirring halfway. The granola will start changing color to a golden brown. Keep a close eye on it.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool before storing it away. Store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh for longer.
And there you have it! I’ve been topping my granola on literally everything- cereal, kefir, yogurt, or snacking on them just as is
I hope you make this and if you do, I’d love to see your photos. Do tag me on Instagram so I can see too !